Friday, February 5, 2016

Nail Art for the Big Game, take 2

This year the Carolina Panthers are set to take on the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.  As much as I like the Panthers, (especially Cam Newton, who I feel is incredibly talented and is absolutely deserving to be in the Super Bowl) I'm not ready to commit my fandom to them via nail art.  And as anyone who reads my blog knows, as far as professional football goes I bleed black and silver--so there's no way in hell I would put orange and blue on my nails!  Without having a horse in the race, however, I wasn't sure how to adequately express how excited I am for this year's showdown.  Then I realized that the Super Bowl is celebrating its golden anniversary this year and I decided to simply celebrate the Super Bowl.  Thus, I went with a minimalist golden french manicure.


To get this look, I used Revoln's 830 Golden shade and Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat. 


A few months ago I picked up a box of adhesive bandages from the dollar store specifically for using when doing french manicures and they have been an absolute lifesaver!  I simply cut them in half and use the rounded edge as the guide for painting the tips of my nails.  After painting I peel them off and I have a nice, clean edge.  It's probably the best investment I've ever made.


I couldn't be more pleased with the way my nails turned out and I'm super stoked to have them ready for Super Bowl Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment