Thursday, January 29, 2015

Nail Art for the Big Game 2015!

As I have made very clear in my nail art posts, I am a big Raider's fan. Unfortunately, with only two wins on the season, they clearly didn't make it to the Big Game.  Right now, though I am living in Oregon, which is pretty darn close to Seattle (well, a lot closer than I was in Utah), and I like the Seahawks, so I decided to don some Seahawk love on my nails for the Super Bowl this weekend.



So I'll start the different tutorials with the pinky finger and work toward the thumb:

What I used:



The pinky finger is actually three different nail polishes.  The green I used isn't quite as bright as the official bright green of the Seahawks, but with a base coat of white paint I got the green to pop a bit more than it would otherwise.  So I laid down a basic white, layered the green on top of that, and when it was dry, I placed a piece of tape across my finger at a diagonal and painted the tip with the Celestial blue.

For the ring finger, I did a simple coat of the Splendid Blue color, then used a toothpick to freehand the number 24 (for Marshawn Lynch) on my right hand, and a number 3 (for Russell Wilson) on my left hand. I used the Superstar! white color to do the numbers.

The middle finger was super simple as well.  I first put on a coat of silver nail polish.  When that had dried fully I took a small rubber band (the kind used for small braids) and wrapped that around the nail to create a definite line.  Once the rubber band was secured, I painted right up to the rubber band and out to the end of the nail.  I cut the rubber band off of my finger so as not to pull it past wet nail polish.  I also didn't want to wait for the polish to dry before removing the rubber band.

The Index finger, I started by putting on one coat of white paint, then following up using the same ombre method that I've described before. This is one of my favorite color combinations so far and definitely one I'll have to remember for Summer!

Finally, the thumb. This was done starting with one coat of the Celestial blue.  Once that dried I took two pieces of tape and positioned them about 1/4" apart.  I didn't measure, I just eyeballed a good distance and good placement.  the non-torn ends (so the sides of the roll of tape) should be facing each other to ensure a clean line. Then I put some silver polish between the pieces of tape.  After removing the tape, I used the end of a paperclip that I had un-bent slightly and dipped that in the white polish to create a line of 5 polka dots under the silver line.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I look forward to seeing your Super Bowl nails!  Go Seahawks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment